Terra Sancta Ministries seeks to restore the aesthetic beauty of the 2 acre “Terra Sancta” campus so as to encourage Catholic pilgrimage there as was enjoyed for decades after the establishment of The Shrine of the Immaculate of Mary on the property in 1948. Here visitors will find a Franciscan-Marian spirituality which invites souls to grow in relationship with Our Lord Jesus through the gentle help of Our Blessed Mother Mary.
On the Terra Sancta campus , one may visit:
St. Joseph Chapel: Established as a Church within the Archdiocese of Detroit in 1923, the Chapel has a capacity of 80 persons and its stained glass windows feature images representative of the Apostles. Having canonical approval to retain the Blessed Sacrament, Terra Sancta Ministries is profoundly grateful to facilitate the continuance of Our Lord living in His Eucharistic Presence in the tabernacle of the Chapel as He has for over 90 years.
St. Joseph Chapel before and after Renovation::
Additionally, the Shrine includes a statue of the Sorrowful & Immaculate Heart of Mary, elevated in the small “Grotto Chapel” outside of St. Joseph’s. This image encourages us to ponder the sufferings of Our Blessed Mother who in her heart suffered Jesus’ Passion together with Him.
Visitors will have the opportunity to participate in:
– The celebration of Franciscan and Marian feast days
– Masses and Eucharistic Adoration
– Regularly-scheduled devotional prayers, particularly the Holy Rosary
– Special presentations
– Outreach to the poor and other works of evangelization